Coconut Virgin Organic Carrier Oil - 113 gr
Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
Coconut oil is a preferred carrier oil as it penetrates quickly and deeply into the skin, making it feel silky and moisturized without leaving a greasy residue. Below are some of the common uses for Coconut Oil:
- repair damaged skin and hair
- can protect the scalp against dryness and dandruff
- can help prevent wrinkles
- cleanses and nourishes skin, leaving it soft and silky
- hydrates chapped lips
Some suggested uses:
- Use as an anti-oxidant as it's known to also exhibit anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- It is known to help balance blood pressure as well as blood-sugar levels, cholesterol and hormone levels.
- Coconut Oil has traditionally been used to soothe wounds, rashes and burns.
- It can treat fungal infections such as Athlete’s Foot and can repel bugs and insects such as bees, flies, and mosquitoes.
- The high level of Lauric Acid content in this anti-fungal oil helps eliminate the harmful bacteria inside cold sores.
- Applying it directly to a sore will relieve itching and pain while promoting faster healing.
- By hydrating skin and promoting the growth of newer, healthier skin that is more elastic, Coconut Oil helps reduce the appearance of discoloration caused by stretch marks and dark blemishes.
- Massaging Coconut Carrier Oil into the hands and cheeks can help prevent the appearance of age spots.
- It is gentle enough to be used on baby skin, making it suitable for relieving diaper rashes and other skin irritations.
- For a cold remedy, Coconut Oil can be mixed with Peppermint or Spearmint Essential Oil and rubbed into the chest to relieve congestion and boost circulation.
Certified Organic Argentina 100% Pure Organic Carrier Oil
Method of Processing: Cold Pressed
Country of Origin: Philippines
Processing Type: Unrefined
Store in a cool dark place to maintain freshness and achieve maximum shelf life which can be up to 2 years.
Mix: 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of carrier oil add 1 drop of essential oil or 5-6 drops of essential oil per 1 ounce of carrier oil.
For external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided. Use caution when trying carrier oils on the skin or in the hair for the first time. People with nut allergies should consult their medical practitioner before coming into contact with nut oils, butters or other nut products.
The National Organic Program develops, implements, and administers national production, handling, and labeling standards for organic agricultural products. The QAI (Quality Assurance International) also accredits the certifying agents (foreign and domestic) who inspect organic production and handling operations to certify that they meet USDA standards.